CLASSICCMP digest 79

From: Larry Anderson & Diane Hare <>
Date: Wed Jun 11 01:13:14 1997

>Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 23:47:56 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Sam Ismail <>
>Subject: C64 thingy

>I picked up a Commodore 64 a while ago that had this special board
>inside. It was inserted between the keyboard and the motherboard. IE.
>it had a connector that plugged into the keyboard rolex connector on the
>motherboard and then the keyboard ribbon cable plugged into it. Then it
>had a 9-pin male D-type connector than came out the back of the C64. My
>guess is that it was for a numeric keypad or something. I forgot what
>was stamped on the circuit board. Any ideas?

  Sounds like a keypad connector to me, I think it may be a Cardco
keypad (there I think was an option to plug it into the joystick port
and interface it via software.

  I have some other brand which uses a DIP connector (like old apple
paddle/joysticks), unfortunately I do not have the 64 with the interface
board though.

          Larry Anderson
    Visit our web page at:
Call our BBS (Silicon Realms BBS 300-2400 baud) at: (209) 754-1363
Received on Wed Jun 11 1997 - 01:13:14 BST

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:30:29 BST