Odds & Ends

From: Roger Merchberger <zmerch_at_northernway.net>
Date: Sat Mar 15 01:37:26 1997

At 10:59 PM 3/14/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Has anyone but me discovered AuctionWeb?

I stop in there at least 1-2 times per week, and occasionally puchase from
there, when the mood strikes.

As a matter of fact, one of the "crazy" machines on sale there is a Tandy
600 laptop. Remember those? I actually have one, a friend sent it to me for
free. It needed fixing, tho... one key cap spring was missing (replaced it
with a Tandy 200 space-key spring) and I need to put in new nicads (anyone
know a good source for lithium-ion???)

Trivia: This was the first built-in floppy laptop made. (It's OEM is
Zenith, as a matter of fact, so if someone says "Zenith did it first"
you're still right.)

Anyway, for y'all that haven't discovered it yet, head to:

http://www.ebay.com/aw/

and you'll find a treasure trove of goodies (sometimes).

Cya l8r,
"Merch"
Roger Merchberger | Everyone complained to me to change my .sig,
Programmer, NorthernWay | but no-one could recommend something better.
zmerch_at_northernway.net | So you'll have to put up with this *junk*