Many topics...

From: Bill Whitson <bill_at_booster.bothell.washington.edu>
Date: Sat Mar 15 23:01:42 1997

Hi all.

I just finished reading the 279 classiccmp related e-mails in
my inbox! I'm just going to cover all the bases with this
message.

1. List Related

I haven't received a tally for today but I'm pretty sure we
broke 200 subscribers. I'm no longer requiring intro letters.
(Those of who who told me this was a silly idea are allowed
to snicker.) I'm looking into making the list available as
a digest. I'm sure it's possible, I just don't know how to
do it yet. I'm also aware (for those who asked) that this
list doesn't particularly break new ground - I just thought
it would be nice to have one place for everyone to chat.

2. Cleaning

For removing stickers, gum, resin, etc:

        Goo Gone
        Acetone (can destroy plastic)
        Methane based freeze spray (can discolor plastic)
        Mineral Oil

For removing marker

        Any solvent (alcohol, naptha, etc)
        Lava Soap (can damage texured surfacing)

For removing sun/tobacco discoloring

        Purple Stuff (auto cleaner available at parts stores)
          This stuff works really well!

For removing gunk from rubber parts

        Rubber Renew (MG Chemicals)

3. Ads/"Commercial" Posts

As far as I'm concerned topic related advertisements are just
fine on this list. It's hard to find parts for old systems
and probably just as hard to sell them.

4. Crash course on mailing lists:

When you write a message to the list - everyone gets it.
When you respond to a message and choose to respond to all recipients
everyone gets it.
If a message is getting off topic you should probably stop replying
to everyone and take it to private mail.

To unsubscribe send a message to listproc_at_u.washington.edu with
UNSUBSCRIBE CLASSICCMP your-address.

5. Salvation Army Computer Sale

Sorry folks, I had car trouble and never made it :(

That's it. I'm glad to see that the list is being used and I've
been really impressed with the content so far. I'm still reeling
from all the cool stuff I learned about while reading your intro
letters.

Bill Whitson
CLASSICCMP "owner"
bcw_at_u.washington.edu bill_at_booster.u.washington.edu