TI Model Number

From: BNICALEK_at_aol.com <(BNICALEK_at_aol.com)>
Date: Mon Mar 17 13:23:21 1997

<< Actually, if you can find the May 1983 issue of Popular Science, there's
 a two-page ad for the 99/2 inside the front cover. The first of these
 pages is a photograph of Bill Cosby holding the 99/2 in front of him.

 The advertising text starts with "Under $100. Meet the lowest priced,
 16-bit computer available."

 The machine was supposed to come with 4K, had a 48-key keyboard, and had
 a "Quality, flicker-free black and white display".

 One of these days I'll have the guts to cut up some magazines and have
 some of these cool old ads laminated. Too bad I have so little wall space.

I'm going to research that Popular Science ad on a microfiche at our local
library! Funny how TI can advertise and not actually get the product out
there!

Bryan
bnicalek_at_aol.com