Atari Eprom Prgramming

From: Isaac Davis <idavis_at_comland.com>
Date: Mon Mar 17 22:02:30 1997

Well, I borrowed an eprom burner from a friend and pulled apart some of my
cartridges to see if I could copy one. I picked Atariwriter. Here's where
the confusion comes in. I am not sure what kind of eprom the cartridge
contains, so I read the left chip as a 2532, and as a 2732. I got two
different sets of data. I pulled them both into a hex editor, hoping for a
clue as to which on was the correct one, and they both had legible text that
I could recognize from the cartridge. How in the heck can I tell which kind
they are, or if I am even getting close. I copied both chips as 2732's and
2532's and made a set of 2732's with both sets of data, plugged them into
the original board, and nothing. This is really frustrating. I am hoping
that some one has done this at least once. This is my first time to use an
eprom burner, and I don't have a clue, except what I have read, and divined
from the eprom burner program. I don't want to sound desperate, but I am
either barking up the wrong tree, or i'm in the wrong forest.
Thanks for any help, and all of the help I have received so far.
Isaac Davis
idavis_at_comland.com
indavis_at_juno.com