Weekend report / Thrift stores

From: Bill Whitson <bill_at_booster.bothell.washington.edu>
Date: Tue Mar 18 15:25:50 1997

> Bill,
>
> Hope this helps - by the way, did you get a beige or silver unit, and how
> much did you pay for it?

It's a beige, plastic unit with no "black areas" (that is, base and cart
area are beige). I paid $2.99.

> Also, where are good thrift places to hit (other than Salvation Army), where
> you can go and pick up used computer stuff?

I find that pawn shops are often as good as thrift stores. To be honest
I've gotten most of my stuff by leaving my number at small computer shops
and asking them to call me if they pick up old junk in trade. Usually
they either charge me $10 for anything they get or they just call me and
ask me to haul it off before they junk it.

Bill Whitson
ClassicCmp "owner"
bcw_at_u.washington.edu bill_at_booster.u.washington.edu