Hello all!

From: hellige <jeffh_at_eleventh.com>
Date: Mon Mar 17 20:40:26 1997

On 19-Mar-97, classiccmp_at_u.washington.edu wrote:

>Actually, there was only one volume of BASIC Computer Games, it's just
>that there were several editions/translations of the same set of programs.
>The original was in DEC BASIC, then there was the Microcomputer edition
>(MITS Altair BASIC), a TRS-80 edition and probably a few others. Back

Ward,

   I have the TRS-80 edition here among my different books, and it is indeed
by the same David H. Ahl. I think my favorite program in it is the Star Trek
game. I remember even getting to play that same game on a Honeywell mainframe
or mini of some type back around 1985 or so. In that version, there was a bug
that allowed you to create energy instead of using it if you put the warp
factor in as a negative number. We used to put it in as a very large negative
power or 10 or so, and that gave us more energy than we could possibly use the
whole game, all on the first move! BTW, on a similar note, I saw a web page
the other day about a reference book in the works, and it covered even all of
these early micro versions of Basic, and cross referenced the commands to any
other variant. I saw a book like this years ago, but it covered the popular
micros of the time such as the Apple's, TRS-80's, and such.

   Jeff jeffh_at_eleventh.com

   //  Amiga: The computer for the creative mind...since 1985!
\//   True 32bit pre-emptive multitasking GUI, plug&play hardware,
\/      stereo sound, and 4096 color video modes since day #1
   Collector of classic home computers:
   Amiga 1000, Atari 800, Atari 800XL, Atari Mega-ST/2, Commodore
   C-128, Commodore Plus/4, Commodore VIC-20, Kaypro 2X, Mattel
   Aquarius, Osbourne Executive, Sinclair ZX-81, TI-99/4A, Timex-
   Sinclair 1000, TRS-80 Color Computer-3, and a TRS-80 Model 4.
   Plus Atari SuperPong and Atari 2600VCS game consoles.