TI Speech Synthesizer question...

From: hellige <jeffh_at_eleventh.com>
Date: Mon Mar 17 22:34:13 1997

This is for all of you that are familiar with the TI-99/4 and 4A and it's
Speech Synthesizer. Does anyone know if there were any of the Plug-In Speech
Modules ever released? Granted, the reported 373 words (from the Synthesizer
booklet) is pretty good, it'd be nice if it were larger. Also, I'm looking
for any cartridges that used the Synthesizer, as the only two I have that do
is 'Parsec' and 'Terminal Emulator II'. I am especially in need of the
'Speech Editor' cartridge.

   As an aside, I was going through the different manuals and such I have for
the TI-99/4A and found "Entertainment Games in TI Basic and Extended Basic"
from SAMS in the Blacksburg Continuing Education Series. It still includes
the manual, TI Basic reference card, and a cassette with the programs on it.
According to the manual, there are twenty programs in all, and it looks fairly
interesting.

   Jeff jeffh_at_eleventh.com
   //  Amiga: The computer for the creative mind...since 1985!
\//   True 32bit pre-emptive multitasking GUI, plug&play hardware,
\/      stereo sound, and 4096 color video modes since day #1
   Collector of classic home computers:
   Amiga 1000, Atari 800, Atari 800XL, Atari Mega-ST/2, Commodore
   C-128, Commodore Plus/4, Commodore VIC-20, Kaypro 2X, Mattel
   Aquarius, Osbourne Executive, Sinclair ZX-81, TI-99/4A, Timex-
   Sinclair 1000, TRS-80 Color Computer-3, and a TRS-80 Model 4.
   Plus Atari SuperPong and Atari 2600VCS game consoles.