Computer Listing

From: Bill Whitson <bill_at_booster.bothell.washington.edu>
Date: Fri Mar 21 14:29:05 1997

> > 3) How does info get edited? Is it locked once entered (to prevent
> > net.vandalism or well-intentioned but incorrect "corrections")? Maybe each
> > computer web page can be changed only by emailing you, and is put under the
> > responsibility of a single volunteer to make sure what's there is correct? Or
> > maybe just put in an edit facility so anybody who so desires can add info?
>
> Ya I been kinda worried about that too. I really don't want to do it and
> I'm PRETTY sure Bill doesn't (correct me if I'm wrong Bill 8-) I don't
> like the idea that - just anybody - could change it. They could just add
> a new page anyway 8-) and then email from those *offended* 8-) could be
> used to straighten it out.

Well, I've been chewing this over... I don't mind doing the changes
when they come up. As with everything else I am slow - but I'm going
to assume that, for the most part, initial information will be accurate
and changes will be relatively minor. It may take a week or two for
things to get updated, but if everyone can live with that - just send
changes to me.

Also, it sounds like the Encyclopedia is going to be housed on the
CCL site before too long so you all might not want to go linking it
just yet.

Bill Whitson
ClassicCmp "owner"
bcw_at_u.washington.edu bill_at_booster.u.washington.edu