Computer Listing

From: Captain Napalm <spc_at_armigeron.com>
Date: Mon Mar 24 10:01:13 1997

It was thus said that the Great James Willing once stated:

> > But then again, how would I get a one ton machine (not that I know that it
> > weighs that much, but it was huge) home?
>
> A flat-bed utility trailer and a heavy chain come-along does wonders.
> BTW: I think the 'book' weight on the 11/780 in my collection is 1150 lbs.

  I'm sure the neighbors would live that 8-)

  Did I mention I live in a condo? Fortunately, it's on the first floor,
but still ...

> > Where do I get three phase 220 power?
>
> Don't need it. All of the DEC gear I've ever seen seems to use the three
> phase setup as much for convienence as anything. Once you get past the
> power controller (relay box), all of the actual power supplies are 117VAC
> single phase. (and have 'normal' three prong plugs going into the power
> controller)
>
> If you like the power controllers, takes about one hour to rework it for
> 220VAC single phase, or just skip it altogether. (tho, then you have to go
> through the power sequencing manually B^} )

  Oh. I'm a software guy. While I could probably do it, I'd be nervous
about it. And while Florida Flicker and Flash would love for me to power
those things, I'm not sure my wallet would.

> > -spc (Anyone know anything about DEC VT320s?)
>
> Like???

  Anything? The serial connection isn't like anything I've seen. Looks
like a telephone jack, but six wires instead of four, and the latch thing
seems off center. I'd like to use it, as it seems to work great. But I
can't hook it up to anything.

  -spc (Sigh. So many computers, so little time ... )