Epic Computer

From: Barry Peterson <bm_pete_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed Mar 26 16:27:30 1997

Greetings;
  I've found/uncovered another computer in my garage, does anyone
know anything about it?

The label says Epic Computer Products, Inc.
                Fountain Valley, Calif.
                Model 2296

It measures about 9" wide, 7" high, and 14" deep (breadbox size)

Most of the space is taken by 2 FH 5?" drives (Qume model 592)
one drive has a disk in it which is labeled 77 tracks/side, so I
assume they are 640K or 720K.

The processor is a Z80A with 64KB, so my best guess is that it's a
CP/M system.

The back panel contains a RESET button, a TEST/NORMAL switch, a DB-25F
connector with a switch labeled toCOMM EQUIP/toPRINTER, a Centronics
connector labeled PARALLEL, and a couple of other "phone jack" type
connectors. (I don't know the name for these connectors, but they're
the same size as the one on my phone-handset connection, not the
plug-in-the-wall size) One of these connectors is labeled CONSOLE, the
other is labeled PRINTER SERIAL.

I would like to get this thing running, but don't know how to do it,
what to use, or where to connect it. Any help/info would be
appreciated.

Barry Peterson bm_pete_at_ix.netcom.com
Husband to Diane, Father to Doug,
Grandfather to Zoe now and to Tegan soon!