VIC-20 Programmer's Aid Cartridge

From: Ron Mitchell <ronaldm_at_mars.ark.com>
Date: Sun Mar 30 20:55:08 1997

JEFF>>> At a swap meet today, I picked up 9 VIC-20 cartridges as well as one
JEFF>>> program tape. Among the VIC cartridges was a 16k RAM expansion and
one called
JEFF>> 'Programmers Aid Cartridge' (VIC-1212).

Jeff, there is a 28 page manual that comes with that cart. Following quote
might help get you started:

Quote:

After the VIC is inserted (the cartridge) type the following:

SYS 28681 (and hit the return key)

The VIC will display the following message:
PROGRAMMER'S AID
READY

All of the AID commands are now included in your VIC's internal instruction
set and may be used like any BASIC commands

END QUOTE

The cartridge adds 20 apecial editing commands to the VIC's instruction
vocabulary and gives you an easy method for re-defining the VIC's
programmable function keys.

the commands are:

AUTO FIND OFF
CHANGE HELP PROG
DELETE KEY RENUMBER
DUMP KILL STEP
EDIT MERGE TRACE

CTRL A, E, L, N, Q, U also provide additional editing functions.

Function keys are assigned various jobs; ie F1 is LIST, F3 is RUN, F5 is
GOTO, F7 is INPUT

Of course, there is more detail as to useage and some specific examples
contained in the manual.

Was just trying the thing out... hoping that the HELP command would provide
some syntax examples for you. Unfortunately it doesn't. The HELP command
will pinpoint a syntax error in your program if you use it directly after
receiving an error message.

Photocopying this short manual would cost me about $5. If you'll send me the
money, I'll do it for you.

JEFF>>> Also, can anyone explain the reasoning behind the different color
schemes
JEFF>> >for the labels?

I have both. Don't know why it is so. Manufacturer's perrogative?

  -Ron Mitchell