VC404 The Standard

From: Russ Blakeman <>
Date: Fri Jul 17 17:45:33 1998

Tony Duell wrote:

> > > Are you sure it's a BNC connector? All the ones I've seen have an SO239 (what
> > > we call an UHF connector) here.
> > >
> > My terminology is undoubtably wrong. I went thru my old Electro Sonic
> > catalogue and it is listed as an Amphenol 83 series UHF RF connector. It has
> > threads as opposed to the BNC horizontal pin.
> It's also considerably larger. Yes, that's the connector I meant. It's a
> standard composite video output.

The BNC is short for BayoNet Connector, meaning it's like some of the old snap on
bayonets. That's the purpose of the pins on the sides of the chassis mounted (male??)
side. SO239 and PL238 are used mostly for communications like CB and amateur radio,
and other apps. I don't think I've ever seen one on a network cable. Twinax looks
similar on the outsde but it has a double center conductor.
Received on Fri Jul 17 1998 - 17:45:33 BST

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:31:01 BST