RRD42 and TKZ50

From: Bruce Lane <kyrrin_at_bluefeathertech.com>
Date: Wed Dec 29 08:58:03 1999

At 04:13 29-12-1999 -0600, you wrote:


>I'm also in need of a serial cable that has the funny "offset rj11" plug
>on one end and a standard DB25 on the other... so any pointers will be

        This type of plug is called an 'MMJ' (Modified Modular Jack). The blank
plugs, the crimping tool (AMP) to crunch them onto the raw wire, and the
necessary 6-conductor flat wire itself, are all available from Graybar
Electric Supply (offices all over the place -- check your local phonebook
or www.graybar.com).

        The nice thing about the crimping tool is that, although kind of pricey
(around $130 with a die set or two), it can be reconfigured to do just
about any kind of modular plug except the big 10-pinners. I've found it to
be a good investment because I do my own network patch cables (RJ45 plugs),
telephone work, and MMJ plugs.

Bruce Lane, Owner and head honcho, Blue Feather Technologies
http://www.bluefeathertech.com // E-mail: kyrrin_at_bluefeathertech.com
Amateur Radio: WD6EOS since Dec. '77
"Our science can only describe an object, event, or living thing in our
own human terms. It cannot, in any way, define any of them..."
Received on Wed Dec 29 1999 - 08:58:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:31:57 BST