e-bay item

From: John Foust <jfoust_at_threedee.com>
Date: Tue Mar 2 09:08:58 1999

At 02:58 PM 3/1/99 -0800, Sellam Ismail wrote:
>So far, as far as being THE venue for buying/selling/trading old computer
>things, I say that the VCF is second only to eBay. But the advantage of
>the VCF is that you can get stuff MUCH cheaper than you would have to pay
>on eBay. Last year all sorts of excellent stuff got sold for very
>reasonable prices.

The VCF is an admirable effort, indeed, but I don't see how you're
going to avoid eBay's influence on the price of old computers.
For the booth sales, I'm sure eBay's prices will have an effect
on the initial price for some high-profile items, don't you?

The VCF isn't an auction, right? Or are you thinking of an auction
format for next year? If you took a small cut, it might be good
for the bottom line.

- John