e-bay item

From: Sellam Ismail <dastar_at_ncal.verio.com>
Date: Tue Mar 2 15:14:02 1999

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, John Foust wrote:

> At 11:50 AM 3/2/99 -0800, Sellam wrote:
> >
> >Yes they will. But the sellers are always welcome to go through the
> >hassle of using ebay rather than the simple immediate exchange of cash for
> >computers. Cleaner and easier than ebay.
>
> Huh? Attending VCF in person and renting a flea market spot and
> dealing with customers is easier than using eBay? Wow, you really
> do put a positive spin on VCF. :-)

I suppose there's a bit of hassle involved if you're from out of the area,
but wouldn't you want to bring your stuff to the VCF just so you can
participate in the festivities? I mean, you get to meet industry legends
like Gordon Bell, you get to cavort with beautiful ladies in bikini's
(well ok, we didn't have the budget for this last year but I hope to have
beautiful ladies in bikini's roaming the exhibit area this year, and a big
studly hunk for Allison), you get to put faces to names when you see all
the ClassicCmp folks you've been flaming, etc.

Its a lot of fun. Everyone should come.

Sellam Alternate e-mail: dastar_at_siconic.com
Always hasslin' the man.

                  Coming in 1999: Vintage Computer Festival 3.0
                   See http://www.vintage.org/vcf for details!
                        [Last web site update: 02/15/99]