AMSOFT on DISK

From: Huw Davies <H.Davies_at_latrobe.edu.au>
Date: Sun Mar 7 17:09:35 1999

At 00:11 07/03/99 -0700, Jim Strickland wrote:

>Nice enough laser printers for their day, but they tend to overheat, if
>memory serves. If you get one, make SURE the fan works. Check. I seem
>to recall we had problems with those on a Vax site I worked on once.

Sure do. When they were a relatively new product my employer of the time
decided to standardize on them. We had 8 but one was always playing up.
Digital took it back to their offices in Melbourne to see what the problem
was. Over a weekend it overheated, caught fire and almost totally destroyed
FS. They gave us a new LN03 which worked fine....

 Huw Davies | e-mail: Huw.Davies_at_latrobe.edu.au
 Information Technology Services | Phone: +61 3 9479 1550 Fax: +61 3 9479
1999
 La Trobe University | "If God had wanted soccer played in the
 Melbourne Australia 3083 | air, the sky would be painted green"