YANU - uVax

From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis_at_mcmanis.com>
Date: Tue Mar 9 02:08:36 1999

At 10:39 PM 3/8/99 -0800, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>You are joking about wanting to "upgrade" aren't you? The only reason I
>can think of to do that is to attach a RX50, since you've already got a
>very good ESDI controller.

Yes, the only reason I want to add the RQDX3 is to have a monitor prom
supported bootable device with removable media. One of the uVax has the
Exabyte on it (I don't know if the Viking will boot it or not) and the
other has no media at all (although it does have a TK50 controller so if I
could find a TK50 drive that would work.)

I'm going to try to net-boot NetBSD on it since I don't have any other
VAXen to cluster it with. If that is successful then perhaps it won't be
such a big deal, but I dislike computers that have a fairly high
infrastructure overhead before you can get them running.

--Chuck