Info needed: PDP-11/03

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Wed Mar 10 11:02:20 1999

At 11:56 PM 3/9/99 -0500, Megan wrote:

>>My source came through again. Today I picked up what is supposed to be a
>>PDP-11/03. Can anyone point me to a good URL to identify the cards in it
>>and provide some general info. I don't know anything about PDP-11s.
>
>Try the pdp-11 Field Guide...
>
>There is a copy I've been working on which you can find through a link
>on my home_systems page... that text file will have the pointer to the
>official version...

Megan,

   Thanks, that's just what I was looking for.

  Do you know anything about "storage cards" made by National Memory
Systems? There's one of those stuck in it. Assy # 980100996.

  Here's a list of what else I found in it:

M7954 GP-IB interface
M7270 LSI-11/2 16 bit CPU (2 of them)
M9400YA 120 Ohm terminator w/ refresh and floppy boot
M8400CF 16K word 16 bit MOS RAM
M7940 Serial Line Unit (SLU, Async)
M7946 RX01 floppy disk controller
M7264 11/03 Proccessor w/ 4K work MOS RAM.

  Here's a list of the docs that I got with it:

Introduction to RT-11 (missing some pages)
Informer Computer terminal model D-301 Maintenance manual
DECLAB Fortran Extensions User's Guide & update notice 1
LSI-11 WCS User's Guide
RT-11 Software Support Manual
RT-11 Documentation Directory
RT-11 Fortran VO1C

  I have a couple of more questions. What did they use the GPIB interface
for? Is it just an instrument interface or did it connect to some of the
system devices like it did with the PET and HP computers? Are the
LSI-11/2 CPUs needed in this system or does the 11/03 processor replace
them? Is there any reason to have to 11/02 CPUs in it? I didn't get a
powe supply with this, can I make one up using the voltages shown on the
card cage or is there anything specail that I need to know about? Do the
voltages have to be applied in a certain sequence or anything like that?

   Joe