Printset?

From: Christian Fandt <cfandt_at_netsync.net>
Date: Thu Mar 11 08:15:26 1999

Upon the date 11:56 PM 3/11/99 +1000, Phil Guerney said something like:
>Excuse me for the dumb question, but ....
>this is one term I have not been able to figure out exactly by the context.
>My best guess is "circuit diagram" - am I close?
>
>For example, in one of today's posts:
>>so I can archive
>>not only my manuals, but my printsets as well.
>
>I'm blushing, but determined to find out just what exactly printsets are!

Not a dumb question as we *all* had dumb questions before we became
'enlightened' with the understanding of heretofore unknowns ;)

You're correct that they are circuit diagrams or schematics. Relavant
mechanical drawings of a unit (for example: disk drive assembly drawings,
circuit board layouts, chassis box assembly, cable run layouts, etc., etc.)
are also parts of a printset. They're just the nitty-gritty
electrical/mechanical details not printed in the user manual/technical
manual. They are of a much larger page size (about 11-1/2" x 17").

Regards, Chris
-- --
Christian Fandt, Electronic/Electrical Historian
Jamestown, NY USA cfandt_at_netsync.net
Member of Antique Wireless Association