Got a question....PDP? VAX?

From: Jason Willgruber <roblwill_at_usaor.net>
Date: Fri Mar 12 22:01:24 1999

Hi!

I've been growing up in the age of "IBM era" of computers. The only non-IBM
(compatible) computers that I've worked on was an apple //c and a TRS-80
model III that nearly caught my basement on fire. I'm 16 years old, so I
haven't had any experience with any pre 1980's stuff (other than the //c).

What I'm wondering, is what exactly is a PDP, or a VAX, or an Altair, or any
of the other things that come up frequently on the list. Also - how is one
of the computers (such as the Altair) operated, with all the switches and
indicators? Is there a keyboard or a monitor with it?

ThAnX,
--
                 -Jason Willgruber
               (roblwill_at_usaor.net)