Medieval methods

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_netwiz.net>
Date: Mon Mar 15 00:44:09 1999

>On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, Mike Ford wrote:
>
>> I'm not so sure. Rapid change defined the 80's and 90's, but a whole class
>> of basic applications are starting to stabilize, which permits a really
>> good version to rise to the top. Personally I kind of miss a word processor
>> that has instantanious response like PIE on my Apple II. Anybody else
>> remember PIE?
>
>Well, I don't know if its the same as Pie Writer, but Pie Writer was a
>great word processor, and I used to use it exclusively until I got an
>Apple //e with 80-columns which could run AppleWorks.

That could be it, or a version of it. PIE stood for Programma International
Editor. One of the two guys that made up Programma "management" came from
RAND where a lot of the notions like insert, gobble, paste, etc were
thought up, and one of my friends translated those ideas into 6502 ASM. I
think I have versions that work on a 40 column Apple II, as well as special
versions for 80 and 132 column boards.

When I catalog my Apple II stuff its going to be interesting. No telling
what I have squirreled away.