PS/2 external storage device cables

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_netwiz.net>
Date: Mon Mar 15 13:03:20 1999

>In a message dated 15.3.1999 6:44:26 Eastern Standard Time,
>rhblake_at_bigfoot.com writes:
>
>> Mike Ford wrote:
>>
>> > I just put these on a newsgroup, and realized somebody here might need
>> > them. I found 3 new old stock IBM 23F2716 cables in a box I bought. I
>> think
>> > they are for a model 70 external floppy drive, looks like a HDI30 to
>DB37F,
>>
>> > but thats just guessing. $5 each and shipping.
>
>After searching for hours, i finally found out what cable this is. It connects
>the 4869 external floppy to the P70 suitcase PS/2. Not of any use to anyone
>who doesnt own those two items.

I guess thats how you get "super" in your name. ;)

Further guess is that these cables will make three owners of PS/2 P70
luggables very happy. Being on the other end of a weird cable hunt was no
fun for me, and I ended paying $20 for what I found. The important thing to
me is that things like these cables don't get tossed for lack of finding
the right person.