IBM PC 5150 with no drives?

From: Merle K. Peirce <at258_at_osfn.org>
Date: Mon Mar 15 14:44:10 1999

I believe we have one 5160 with full height drives, and one with half
height. I don't think either boots properly. Now at least we can get
them cosmetically cleaned up. As I recall they both seem to poll both
drives at once, or something weird like that. Shortly after I looked at
them, we lost power due to renovations, and that was 18 months ago. I'll
have to start all over again.

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Tony Duell wrote:

> > Actually, it was the 5160 I was curious about. Were they still using the
> > full height drives on them?
>
> Yes. I have a 5160 in front of me here with official IBM-badged drives
> that I believe to be original. And a couple more similar machines upstairs.
> All are full-height Tandon mechanisms.
>
> -tony

M. K. Peirce
Rhode Island Computer Museum, Inc.