sellers market

From: SUPRDAVE_at_aol.com <(SUPRDAVE_at_aol.com)>
Date: Fri Mar 19 13:52:21 1999

In a message dated 19.3.1999 14:13:44 Eastern Standard Time, af-list_at_wfi-
inc.com writes:

> On a small scale, it would be a nice resource for the members of this
> list to have a simple, searchable registry of who's looking for what.
> You don't even have to disclose what you're willing to pay (I think it'd
> be much more anti-ebay if there weren't any dollar signs on it at all),
> but just that you would like anyone who has one of these systems
> available to contact you. This would simply be a contact facilitator,
> and the independent parties could then negotiate prices, etc.
>
> Worst case would be that the professional auction sellers would find out
> and start flooding the registrants with URLs of their eBay auctions. But
> if it's a "registered user" service, it would be simple enough to
> implement a "no-eBay" policy and boot people for doing that.

for an example of this, goto
www.aomci.org/webads.htm

i collect old outboard motors and their online advertisement area has a
similar format. People list what they are looking for along witha contact
name and address and that's it. aomci.org also has a newsletter that matches
the website. prices are strictly forbidden in the advertisements to prevent
artificially high prices and the type of price increases we are seeing in our
own hobby.

david