Security question (sort of)

From: Jason Willgruber <roblwill_at_usaor.net>
Date: Sat Mar 20 00:07:40 1999

The serial ports are no longer recognized ANYWHERE - in the BIOS, in DOS, by
MSD, Windows, anything. I have already re-installed Windows.

A virus planted by a hacker can damage hardware by "eating" at the chips, or
just scrambling the code in the chip. (I know someone (Ironically, it's the
sister of the person that did this to my computer), who's keyboard
controller chip got scrambled.

If you noticed the red text on the top of the page, I have removed all of
the images. I just didn't feel like deleting all the links.
--
                 -Jason Willgruber
               (roblwill_at_usaor.net)