OT: Re: Security question (sort of)

From: Max Eskin <max82_at_surfree.com>
Date: Sat Mar 20 15:08:18 1999

On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, Ward D. Griffiths III wrote:
>As after six years is Linux for me. (The MICROS~1 drones can claim
>that Linux is an upstart, but it's really been in public use longer
>than NT, much longer than 95/98, with serious peer review of the
>source code -- I wonder how long NT sources could be examined with
>a straight face?).

You remember that thread about VMS engineers migrating to NT? Well, guess
where I got it? An article alleging that NT is almost 30 years old simply
because it had VMS engineers on its team and VMS is almost 30 years old.
It was thusly alleging that UNIX and NT are of comparable maturity since
UNIX is also 30 years old. Yes, I know it's BS but that's what some people
actually think.

 --Max Eskin (max82_at_surfree.com)