Rebirth of IMSAI

From: John Ruschmeyer <jruschme_at_exit109.com>
Date: Sun Mar 21 18:40:17 1999

> Why not create a current design for a modern front panel system? ok, retro
> styling because I like the silk screening of the 8800b and the 8080 but with
> *some* modern accoutrements while still providing that front panel
> experience.

To me, that seems the best compromise between the extremes in this discussion.
Design a state-of-the-art S-100/IEEE-696 box and cardset (Z-80 based)
including an FDD controller which could use a standard 3.5" drive, offer
the whole thing as a kit with bundled CP/M (or clone).

Sort of like the difference between a concours restoration of a Shelby
Cobra and one of the Cobra kits.

<<<John>>>