sellers market

From: Marvin <marvin_at_rain.org>
Date: Mon Mar 22 13:31:58 1999

Sellam Ismail wrote:

> This is the last I'll have to "say" about this. Form your own
> conclusions.
>
> > The Agony of Victory: Online Auctions and the Winner's Curse
> >
> > By Bruce Gottlieb

I had always thought one of the primary purposes of what we are doing is to
save the older computers, etc. for historical purposes. It is really
difficult to save something we don't even know exists. You are implying from
everything you have said that price is also a primary concern even given
that the higher pricing does save stuff from that great dumpster in the sky.

I really feel discriminated against because I can't afford the space and
utilities to put up a mainframe and run it. I also feel discriminated
against because I can't afford the time to spend working as much as I would
like on this older computer stuff. Those are both other forms of price
discrimination, but so far you haven't rallied against them. Maybe I
shouldn't have mentioned them :).