sellers market - firearms

From: Marvin <marvin_at_rain.org>
Date: Wed Mar 24 00:46:16 1999

"Barry A. Watzman" wrote:

> E-Bay banned fire arms for two reasons: First, they couldn't do the background checks or check for stolen weapons. A legally valid reason, but likely an excuse. Second, if someone were assaulted with a weapon bought on E-Bay, the way things are going, E-Bay could be sued, and lose, BIG TIME. That's probably the real reason.

Perhaps, but ebay has always claimed to be a venue, much like the classified
ads in the newspaper. Ebay has never (from anything I have read) ever come
out and told the reason(s) they stopped the listing of firearms. When fear
starts to make decisions such as the firearms decision on ebay, something is
really wrong.