Museums

From: John Foust <jfoust_at_threedee.com>
Date: Wed Mar 24 08:26:22 1999

At 11:11 PM 3/23/99 -0800, you wrote:

>I have done some checking into financing such a venture and it appears that,
>at least out here, seed money could probably be made available. The biggest
>problem is ongoing support for overhead. Some friends of mine had talked
>about a number of ways to help support such a venture:

I think it would work in Silicon Valley or Seattle. The gift shop
could sell all manner of techie trinkets, perhaps handmade by the
volunteers from old interesting chips - but that seems in opposition
to preservationist efforts. Or you could periodically restore a
particular system to working, near-mint condition, and sell it on Ebay.
The street finds its uses for things! Media conversion and rescue
may be a very profitable sideline, too.

What you need is a benefactor. Paul Allen comes to mind - he's
funding a few engineers for his PDP recreation, isn't he?

- John