Rebirth of IMSAI

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Wed Mar 24 18:20:12 1999

At 09:28 AM 3/24/99 -0500, Tim wrote:

>A year or so ago I looked at what it would cost to make my "TIMSAI" IMSAI
>clone into a commercial product. Street price, I calculated, would be about
>$2000, and most of that was in the metalworking. There was only about $30
>in semiconductors in the whole unit (and that included 256K SRAM and an
>IDE/floppy controller).

    That's exactly why people don't build kits any more. The price so the
individual parts is higher than the cost of the commercaily assembled
finished product. You need to find a surplus case that you can use. That
would save a lot of money. Ditto the power supply and as many other parts
as possible.

   Joe