Apple question

From: Tom Owad <tomowad_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed Mar 24 20:04:10 1999

>> I picked up an Apple Harddisk 20SC and an Apple tape backup 40SC today.
>> Which Apples will these work on? Do you need any specail software or
>> hardware to use them?
>
>SC means SCSI so will work on mac plus and later. you'll need sw for the TBU.
>for hard drive, just set the ID and termination if needed, and go. if the
>hard drive is set to boot id, (0, IIRC) and has a system folder, the mac will
boot
>from it.

'0' is the id Apple traditionally uses for the internal hard drive,
though it doesn't have to be. A Mac can boot from a SCSI HD with and id
setting (eg. I've booted a Mac Plus off a Zip drive, which can only be
set to id 5 or 6). If the hard drive doesn't have a System Folder, you
should be able to just copy one off a boot floppy. This will usually
work, though you'll have a very minimal system.

Tom Owad