Ohio Scientific Model 560Z CPU (PDP-8!)

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Fri Mar 26 14:14:48 1999

Back in the old days, somebody or other, I'll look it up later (General
Instruments, I believe), made an LSI which was essentially compatible with
the PDP8-E. The idea was that it was much less of a maintenance headache to
have the CPU in microelectronic form as opposed to the ssi-msi
implementation commonly seen.

These didn't fare to well on the market because of the rapid evolution of
the commercial microcomputer industry.

Dick