HP equipment

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Fri Mar 26 20:30:19 1999

At 04:21 PM 3/26/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Does anyone recognize these items:
>
>HP 9145: appears to be a cake-box size unit, with a cartridge tape drive
> of some sort.

  It's an external 32 track 1/4" tape drive with 132 Mb capacity and 4
Mb/min transfer rate. It has a HP-IB interface.

>HP 98571X: probably a computer or some sort. has a expansion slot in back,
> whatever was in teh slot has been removed. rs-232, HP-IB, HP-HIL,
> thinnet connectors on back. Seagate sticker applied on side of
> unit claims it is TEST EQUIPMENT, and is called HP 340 CPU serial
> number 334.

   I have several of these, but I haven't figured out what monitor they
use. These are basicly the same as HP 9000 300 series computers but have
only one expansion slot. They're widely used as controller's in instrument
systems that's why your's says TEST EQUIPMENT. Like all the 300s these
will run BASIC, Pascal, HP-UX and (maybe) HPL.

   Joe