Kitchener, Ontario, Canada declared safe haven for vintage minicomputers.

From: Unusual systems <kstumpf_at_unusual.on.ca>
Date: Sat Mar 27 22:09:36 1999

There are very few computer collectors in Canada, especially those
collecting minis.

Almost all of March I've been trying to seed the small collector-base in
southern Ontario
by selling a bunch of DG NOVAs. NOT ONE TAKER nor interested party. Remarkable.

Perhaps my prices were too high, but if someone wants something bad enough you
would think he or she would at least contact me. Not one phone call or
email. Weird.

So it is because of this experience I recommend shipping any precious
minicomputers
to Kitchener. They are safe here. They won't be sold, tinkered with, or
cannabalized. They
won't even be LOOKED AT.

This isn't a last resort pitch because I plan to hold onto the NOVAs. I
originally needed the
space for twin PDP 11/70s, but the corporate management of the present
owners have put a
hold on the transaction. Double yikes, eh.

Thanks for listening and happy collecting.
Kevin Stumpf * Unusual systems * www.unusual.on.ca
+1.519.744.2900 * EST/EDT GMT - 5

Collector - Commercial Mainframes & Minicomputers from
 the 50s, 60s, & 70s and control panels and consoles.

Author & Publisher - A Guide to Collecting Computers &
Computer Collectibles * ISBN 0-9684244-0-6
.