Tandy 100 pile - could it be valuable?

From: Ward D. Griffiths III <gram_at_cnct.com>
Date: Sun Mar 28 23:56:14 1999

On Sun, 28 Mar 1999, Lawrence LeMay wrote:

> The kid I got this from had a broken model III with a perfect case,
> and a working model 4 with a broken case and possibly worn out
> monitor, and he swapped pieces to come up with a very good model
> 4 in a grey case. Or i suppose i should say, in a *RARE* grey case ;)

What you have then is equivalent to an upgraded Model III, since the
Model 4 upgrade was essentially a mobo replacement, all other pieces
were the same between the two machines. (Well, floppy vendors
changed back and forth a couple of times). Though some Mod 4s with
green tubes got through the system, I'm told (I never saw one).
--
Ward Griffiths
"the timid die just like the daring; and if you don't take the plunge then