Tandy 100 pile - could it be valuable?

From: Roger Merchberger <zmerch_at_30below.com>
Date: Mon Mar 29 20:15:05 1999

Once upon a midnight dreary, Mike Ford had spoken clearly:
>>What's the difference between the 100 and the 102? Any other models?
>
>Isn't there some really active Model 100 mailing list or newsgroup even?

Okay... haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but I *do* have to step in
here... (so I don't have a 4000 page email by the time I'm done with the
thread! ;-)

There is a good mailing list for the Kyocera-based laptops (Tandy Models
100/200/102, NEC 8201A, Olivetti M10, and others -- but not the Tandy 600 -
it was OEM'ed by Zenith) -- to subscribe send an empty message to
m100-subscribe_at_list.30below.com, you'll receive a confirmation email, just
click reply and send. You'll be subbed. If you have problems, just contact
me - I admin the list.

Also, if anyone -- ahem -- *Anyone* has any Model 100/102/200 files, just
email them to me, I have an FTP space available as well:
ftp://ftp.30below.com/Model100

The man to know about the Model 'T's as they're affectiontely called is
Rick Hanson - he *still* makes a portion of his living by supporting these
beloved little machines - his website is chuck full of information,
programs & stuff for them: http://www.the-dock.com/club100.html *Plus* he
has a guestbook, for sale and wanted classified lists - you can go there to
get a good idea what the computers are still worth, which is considerable
despite their age. They were *very* popular machines, especially with
journalists. Tell him I sent you... he's a fantastic guy.

If you have any other questions (which I may get to later in the thread),
just send 'em my way.

Thanks,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger
--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   ---   sysadmin, Iceberg Computers
Recycling is good, right???  Ok, so I'll recycle an old .sig.