Join the surplus 700 club

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_netwiz.net>
Date: Wed Mar 31 17:29:15 1999

>> Ah, but the pricing seems to follow the same curve :)! The SCMP kits I got a
>> few years ago would have probably cost me a couple of dollars at the start,
>> but I missed them until the end. At that point, they were free :).
>>
>Ditto... at the Dayton HAMVention a few years ago (anyone in the Milford,
>OH are going this year? I need a ride :) ) I got a TI Silent 700 for free,
>the guy WAS asking $75 for it... I just waited till later that day and he
>gave it to me :)

No need to wait for a hamfest, I now have (4) 700's that seriously must go
soon, one is a acoustic coupler with a property tag from Western Electric
Labs, and the other 3 are the newer little units. Just like GSA all of them
are free, just pay for "handling" ($12 for the big guy, $6 for the little)
and actual shipping costs.

BTW one note on the above, next time that seller finds a 700 its a fair bet
he scraps it, or just leaves it in the dumpster.