Flourescents (was: What tools do you carry, always

From: Fred Cisin <cisin_at_xenosoft.com>
Date: Thu Dec 7 18:20:21 2000

> > >A related tool would be a scanner and Adobe Photoshop. As long as it
> > >doesn't have chips that the scanner will erase you
> > Huh? Scanners have little fluorescents in them, not UV lamps...

Could somebody please explain to me how flourescent lamps work?
They put out a LOT of UV light.
So much so, that I thought that the name implied that they operated by a
coating that flouresced under UV.

Grumpy Ol' Fred        cisin_at_xenosoft.com
Received on Thu Dec 07 2000 - 18:20:21 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:32:48 BST