old threaded languages, was Re: Symbolics

From: Carlos Murillo-Sanchez <cem14_at_cornell.edu>
Date: Wed Mar 1 09:56:44 2000

John Foust wrote:

> I remember at least one interpreted C for DOS on a PC in the mid 80s.
> We used it to more quickly compile/debug a project that otherwise
> took 10-20 minutes to recompile and relink with Microsoft C. It had
> its own IDE, so you wouldn't even need to drop down to a DOS prompt.
> I can't remember the name of it, though.

You can still get Interactive C for the 68HC11; it was originally
designed for the MIT Lego robot design competition course, the
famed 6.270. Fun stuff, albeit slow. And limited.

http://lcs.www.media.mit.edu/people/fredm/projects/6270/

--
Carlos Murillo-Sanchez    email:  cem14_at_cornell.edu
428 Phillips Hall, Electrical Engineering Department