Early Mac Clones

From: Paul Braun <nerdware_at_laidbak.com>
Date: Thu Mar 2 23:41:36 2000

Date sent: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 10:58:52 -0800
To: classiccmp_at_classiccmp.org
From: "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh_at_aracnet.com>
Subject: Early Mac Clones
Send reply to: classiccmp_at_classiccmp.org

> While trying to dig up some info on some Mac hardware, I ran across the
> following web page of early mac clones (over 10 years old). Some
> interesting stuff there.

<snip>
> Outbound Laptop, Portable, 1989-91
<snip>

One interesting thing about the Outbound, IIRC, was that not only
was it introduced before the Portable came out, but it was way
better than the Portable. So much better that Apple, who
apparently hadn't quite agreed to license the rom's, gave them a
choice: either you give us your computer, or we sue the pants off of
you and we'll get it anyway.

The Outbound then became the PowerBook. Might as well let
someone else do your R&D for you.....

> Zane
> | Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Adminstrator |

Paul Braun
Cygnus Productions
nerdware_nospam_at_laidbak.com