Early Mac Clones

From: Ethan Dicks <ethan_dicks_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Mar 3 13:00:07 2000

--- Aaron Christopher Finney <af-list_at_wfi-inc.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Ethan Dicks wrote:
>
> > Last month when I picked up the MacIIci for $5...
>
> There's a guy at TRW sometimes with MacII's for $5...as-is, obviously.
> I'd be happy to pick one up for you, if you're interested at all. I
> grabbed one a few months ago that had an 8*24GC card and an Asante NIC in
> it. All said and done, $20 landed me a IIfx (40mhz/68030) that does
> 1280x1024 in 16bit mode.

Thanks, but no need. My $5 IIci was similarly equipped. Even though it's
a tad slower than a IIfx, I prefer the IIci because it uses ordinary 30-pin
SIMMs (I pulled out the 8Mb and dropped in 32Mb for playing with my pictures
in their native enviroment in preparation for cutting some Mac HFS CD-ROMs
for long-term backup).

Another bit of fun is that I'm using a Linux box as an Appleshare File
Server. It even mounts and shares HFS CD-ROMs. No magic - just the netatalk
package, follow the directions and share away!

-ethan

=====
Infinet has been sold. The domain goes away on 15 March.
See http://www.infinet.com/ for details.

Please update your address lists to reflect my new address:

  erd_at_iname.com