Disk-2-Disk for Amiga

From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh_at_aracnet.com>
Date: Sat Mar 4 19:54:03 2000

>Disk-2-Disk is an old commercial program for the Amiga by Central Coast
>Software. There is a demo of it on Aminet (misc/emu/D2D_Demo.lha).
>
>D2D can be used to read data from C64 disks in an unmodified Amiga 5.25"
>floppy drive. According to the documentation in the demo archive, reading from
>tracks 1-17 is really slow because the program must do some tricks to account
>for real 1541 drives having variable speed. (There is a program on Aminet,
>misc/emu/1541.lha, which can read 1541 disks but this requires that the Amiga
>drive's speed be reduced.)
>
>Does anyone have an original copy of Disk-2-Disk that they would be willing
>to sell? If you do, please contact me.

If you've got a need to read a lot of C64 disks on an Amiga, and you've got
Zorro 2 slots you might consider looking into a Catweasel board. Note,
what formats they 'support' and what they *supply* software for reading is
two different things, however, it works fine for reading C64 disks.

I refuse to actually recommend this board to anyone because of the state fo
the software support for it (actually there might be better software
though, than when I got my board a couple years ago).

                        Zane
| Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Adminstrator |
| healyzh_at_aracnet.com (primary) | Linux Enthusiast |
| healyzh_at_holonet.net (alternate) | Classic Computer Collector |
| and Zane's Computer Museum. |
| http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |