PDP emulation

From: Earl Evans <earl_at_evansweb.com>
Date: Sun Mar 5 11:49:13 2000

Hi everybody,

A person can learn some really interesting things on this mailing list
:-) As a result of this thread, I discovered PDP-11 emulation.

Many years ago (and then some), I cut my teeth on a PDP-11 at the local
college. Was only in junior high at the time - had to sneak into the
computer lab to get some time on the terminals. I was used to FORTRAN
batch jobs with a 2-day turnaround. Real-time interaction was a whole
new ball game. This is when programming really became fun (except when
the school's sysadmin would see me :-/ and gently remind me that the lab
was for college students only).

BTW, Bob Supnik's emulator is the one I downloaded, and it includes the
hobbyist license for certain versions of OSes.

Too cool, flying RSTS again! Thanks for the tip, and helping me relive
a memory.

- Earl