HUGE additions this last week!

From: John B <dylanb_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon Mar 6 10:07:39 2000

Outside of the DEC warehouse stuff onroute I brought my uncle and aunt down
with a 24' truck to the US to a prior DEC FE home and here is what was
loaded up:

DEC PDP
--------------
3 boxes of Straight PDP-8 manuals: maintenance, user, software and hardware,
engineering, etc.
a few "System Modules Books"
Boxes of DECsystem 10 manuals
many boxes of DEC manuals, prints, and paper tape software
(really cool) Tri-data "File Cart" for the PDP-8 with 50 carts, boards,
software , etc...
TU56 tape drive parts and Astrotype DECtape units
60 trays of PDP-8, PDP-11 paper tape software
2 large boxes filled with DECTapes from PDP-8 and PDP-8

PDP-11
M8049 - many of them!!!!! :-) :-) :-) DRV-11J approx. 20 of them , probably
more.
TU45s
PDP-11/05s
PDP-11/03s
PDP-11/35s
PDP-11/40s
RK07s
TE16s
Core memory systems (ME11, MM11, etc)
RX02s
AT least a hundred boxes of manuals
Table top TU58
6 Decwriters

S-100
---------
Altair 8800 , serial #80, all original MITS boards (15 boards), mostly rev
0, 6 4K RAM boards, 1 CPU, dual floppy controller (2 boards), PROM board,
display board? serial/rs232 board, and others I can't identify yet. It came
with 3 boxes of Manals, many early newsletters, engineering drawings, etc...
and software from MITS.
Dual Floppy 8" disk system.
Amazingly, the 8800 is in mint condition, unmarked.
I never really got into the 8800 hardware back then so I have no idea what
some of the boards are...

Cromemco? (sp) S-100 system with manuals and software - 4 floppy drives. I
know nothing about this unit other than it's heavy.

Victor/Vector? Graphics S-100 computer with dual external 5 1/4" floppies,
books, etc..

I can't remember the manufacturer name but this board was used with an
extender on an S100 system and has all the flip switches and lights to
control the micro like an Altair 8800. It came with manuals, etc...

HP
----
HP 1000 engineering, user, etc.. manuals
HP 21MX system with papertape, mag tape, manuals, drawings, etc...
Varian : (Al?)
-------------------
Varian 620 user manuals and some others (about 7).
Special thanks to Kevin Stumpf for finding emergency storage space. This
load took up 400 FT^2. over 300 boxes of manuals, software and *many* PDP-11
unibus boards and 9 cabinets.
There is still a few hundred boxes of manuals for old IBM, Burroughs
prototype material left there for future pick up.
A lot of hidden stuff in the load yet as we had *no* time to browse!
This load was *very* difficult as it was located in a 2 story house with
basement and garage  :-(
john
PDP-8 and other rare mini computers
http://www.pdp8.com