PDP-11/45 Board Issues

From: Kevin Schoedel <schoedel_at_kw.igs.net>
Date: Mon Mar 6 21:05:38 2000

Tony Duell wrote:
>It is possible to run an 11/45 without the MMU, but in that case you need
>a System Address Jumper (M8116 IIRC) that goes in place of one of the 2
>MMU modules, the other MMU slot being empty.

Mine has a printed label across the top of the box labelling the slots,
which says, on the slot containing the M8107, "If KT11C option [i.e. the
MMU] not present, use M8116 S J B in this slot."

Michael Robinson wrote:
>Before anyone asks, no, we don't have the printsets. I think this machine
>is second-second hand, so the previous owner (RPI) didn't have the prints
>either. Much of what we know of this machine has been determined with a
>continuity checker...

I have CPU and MMU prints only (no manuals or FPU prints) which I am very
slowly scanning. Among the few fragments I have done so far is the M8108,
so it would be easy for me to provide that to you if you think it might
help.

--
Kevin Schoedel
schoedel_at_kw.igs.net