languages

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Thu Mar 9 14:20:57 2000

Chris,

   Good explanation, you cleared identified a part of the problem but it's
not all the student's fault. An even worse problem is that the students are
taught by teachers that aren't any better educated than the students
they're teaching. We can thanks years of preferential college admissions
and hiring practices for that. Furthermore the quality of teachers as
declined steadily with the rise in power of the NEA and other teacher's
unions since most teacher's are more concerned about their income than in
teaching. Other factors such as the decision to teach in "native languages"
haven't helped either. Every part of the educational system is lowering
it's standards to accomodate the worst (insert your choice here; student,
teacher, school system, income, etc etc). And every part of the system is
failing to support the other parts. The whole educational system is in chaos.

   I wonder if the US is the only country that is having these kinds of
problems in it's "educational" system?

   Joe