languages

From: Allison J Parent <allisonp_at_world.std.com>
Date: Thu Mar 9 17:57:22 2000

<> projects with it, be able to word-process but not necessarily spell-check
<> be able to run good educational software. I'm already biased towards a Ma
<> Plus (and own one), but certainly ready for suggestions. NeXT? MicroVax
<> 3100? Cost, hardware and software, is a factor, of course.

Why only one box? Why not several each with it's attributes would induce
a greater range of thinking. Also applying similar skills to different
boxes teaches troubleshooting and similarity of use.

The latter is funny as I had someone (an adult) today tell me their
system had to have Word to write a memo as they didn't know how to use
Write... Write is stripped down Word! Lazy!

With the common classics like Apples, CPM crates and all you can get a
lot of different things to investigate. If you can teach anything, teach
them how to find out when the answer is not obvious or in the standard
books. Learn how to use information sources, printed and electronic.
Being able to figure it out is believe it or not a very valuable skill
in this cookie cutter world.

Allison