languages (Teachers)

From: Allison J Parent <allisonp_at_world.std.com>
Date: Fri Mar 10 18:23:29 2000

<I have to question. I was once asked by a friend to
<help with some math homework. After looking over the
<questions, I found that I couldn't answer any of them.
<It wasn't that they were too hard, it was that they
<were too ambiguous. After some more talking with the
<student, I found that these were some of the "don't
<make the student feel bad by having the wrong answer"
<type questions. They were designed so that almost any
<answer could be considered correct.

I used to call them "Hobsons choice" If no, why. If Yes, Why.
Great for the debaters but a quandry for those that were more
interested in facts or testable theory. Your grade was based on
the why portion. Now who knows whats important.

Allison